Sunday, May 17, 2009

Consider the Beauty

It's the middle of May. Springtime. Almost summertime. And it's an absolutely B E A Utiful day today in the Rockies. Blue skies, eighty degrees, light breeze. The flowers are coming up, the grass is green, and the fields are green. Thanks to the windstorm that has lasted for the last week, the air is fresh and light. The temple is shining on top of the Hill, and people are walking, driving, and moped-ing to church in their Sunday best.

.



I was up and about early today, because I had ward council at 7 AM. I was sure I would be falling asleep on my feet, not able to pay attention, and spend the morning wondering why I was obedient and went to council. I was surprised, however, to find that those early hours while the world is asleep are some of the most peaceful and fortifying I've come across. As I walked up the Hill, I breathed in the sweet, fresh morning air. I admired the dew on the plants as I crossed through the gardens, and listened to the tiny songbirds twittering in the foliage. It smelled like rain because of the sprinkler systems that were on. I had a peaceful walk up to the Ricks, and had a few minutes to rest before ward council began.

Then there was a theme all through the block of becoming more Christ-like and loving. The speakers in Sacrament spoke on the meaning of virtue, and of how Christ may have acted had he been a contemporary of ours. I went to Gospel Essentials to support some new members, and we talked about the nature of God, and how we first had to know Him, before we could really know ourselves. Relief Society was about the gifts of the Spirit, and left me with some food for thought.

I am thankful for the opportunity I had to get up this morning and see the world through new eyes. I have no doubt that there is a Supreme Creator, that He is intimately involved in my life. I hope that I will be able to see the world with such clarity every day. I want to see the Lord's hand more clearly in my life, and to be able to appreciate my blessings more clearly. These are the Latter Days, with all its majestic glory and terrifying pervertedness. I know I was saved for this point in time. My birth and life were not a mistake. Even the fact that I am attending a Disciple Preparation Center is a stitch in the fabric of my life. I am excited to see what the next few years bring- they are so pivotal in my life. The decisions I am making now will direct and shape the next sixty years. If that's not pressure, I don't know what is. But I am sure of one thing. The Lord is with me, so long as I walk in His way.

No comments:

Post a Comment