Friday, May 1, 2009

There Never Really is a Beginning, is There?

I did it. I started a blog. Not quite sure what will go on here, but here we are. Currently I'm laying on my bed, listening to the rowdy neighbors in the next complex, and enjoying the hamburger-and-hotdogs infused evening air. From my window I can see the corner of the Hart building, and have a direct view into the maw of the enormous pile of steel and concrete that is our auditorium, or will be in eighteen months. The guys in the next complex and several doors down are enthusiastically tossing anemic paper airplanes over the third story railing, cheered on by a swarm of giggly, sweatshirt clad college girls located on the ground, next to the dumpsters. I'll admit, it's a nice night. But are paper airplanes truly fascinating enough to constitute forty minutes of muffled clapping and pseudo-shrieks? You know, the kind that girls scream when they are trying to be cute but really aren't (insert your emotion).

Oh, I guess I should mention that my name is Josslin, and I'm starting my second semester at Brigham Young University- Idaho. Yes, believe it or not, I made it into college, and oddly enough, am surviving. We'll get into that soap opera at a later date (read:never.) Someone might want me to post a picture to put with the face, but let me lose a few more pounds on my all-uphill- 3/4 mile walks to class every day. Then I'll think about it. Contemplate it. Get pressured from various characters in my life. And be passive aggressive, refusing to post for several weeks. Or I might just post one tomorrow. Somebody knows, but it Isn't Me.

2 comments:

  1. Love the background! Good writing too! You are going to love blogging, it is really fun and can be cathartic too. Love ya sista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of blogging. Like your mom, I think you'll find it can be very cathartic.

    ReplyDelete